Hip Surgery Melbourne
Mr Shane Blackmore has fellowship training in hip arthroscopy and hip preservation surgery. Some patients have been able to avoid or delay the need for joint replacement surgery by undergoing a hip arthroscopy (key hole) procedure.
Shane also has a strong interest in Anterior Hip Replacement. He learned his technique while in New York and now, almost exclusively, uses this approach for all his patients requiring a hip replacement. While in New York, Shane was also exposed to Robotic Hip Surgery , which was not available in Australia when he returned to private practice. Robotic Surgery is now available at two private locations at which Shane operates. Shane combines the results of anterior hip replacement with the precision of robotic surgery for his hip replacement patients.
- Cam resection
- Pincer resection
- Labral repairsArthroscopic gluteus medius repair
- Hip Arthroscopy – Diagnostic and Labral Debridement Rehab Protocol
- Hip Arthroscopy – FAI and Labral Repair/Reconstruction Rehab Protocol
- ITB Release Rehab Protocol
- Gluteus Medius/Minimus Rehab Protocol
- Hamstring Repair Rehab Protocol
- Anterior Total Hip Replacement Rehab Protocol